IMPORTANT NOTICE: THIS AGREEMENT IS SUBJECT TO BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION RIGHTS AS DETAILED IN SECTION 13.
- Please read these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms before using the Site or the Services. By using the Site or the Services, you hereby represent, warrant, understand, agree to and accept these Terms and any applicable Additional Terms in their entirety whether or not you register as a user of the Site or Services (“Registered Users”).
- This Agreement contains an Agreement to Arbitrate, which will, with limited exception, require you to submit claims you have against Microschool.app to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate (see Section 13 “Agreement to Arbitrate”) no later than 30 days after the date you first use the Microschool.app Site or Services, or by January 17, 2021, whichever is later. Unless you opt out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against Microschool.app on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action or proceeding, and (2) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.
- These Terms are subject to change by Microschool.app at any time, subject to the following notification process. We will notify you about material changes in these Terms by sending a notice to the email address registered in your account, or by placing a prominent notice on our Site, so that you can choose whether to continue using our Services. Material changes will go into effect no less than 30 days after we notify you. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately upon posting of the updated Terms on our Site. You should periodically check www.Microschool.app/terms for updates. Any use of the Site or the Services by you after the effective date of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. These Terms supersede all prior versions of the Terms.
For purposes of these Terms, and except to the extent expressly excluded below, the “Site” shall mean www.Microschool.app and any other websites, web pages, mobile applications and mobile websites operated by Microschool.app (“Microschool.app” or “we”) in the United States, and the “Services” shall mean any of the various services that Microschool.app provides through the Site or any other channels, including without limitation, over the telephone. The “Site” and “Services” also include certain sites and services offered through Microschool.app’s subsidiary, Microschool.app, Inc. (“Microschool.app”), to the extent explicitly described in these Terms.
However, the terms “Site” and “Services” do not include or involve the following:
- Websites, web pages, mobile applications and mobile websites (and services offered through such channels) operated by Microschool.app’s other subsidiaries, including without limitation our international subsidiaries. The sites and services offered by such other subsidiaries are subject to separate terms to which users of such sites and services must separately agree and which can be found on their respective sites and/or service materials or within the relevant mobile applications.
•Websites, web pages, mobile applications, and mobile websites (and services offered through such channels) operated by Microschool.app which have separate terms of service that do not expressly incorporate these Terms by reference. The sites and services offered by Microschool.app via such channels are subject to separate terms to which a user of such sites and services must separately agree and that can be found on their respective sites and/or service materials or within the relevant mobile applications.
- Third-party entities such as child education centers, nanny agencies, teachers, teaching centers, tutoring centers, in-home education agencies and other corporate education providers that may use the Microschool.app Site or Services to market their services and/or recruit employees. Such entities’ use of the Microschool.app Site and Services are subject to separate terms to which those entities agreed upon registering with Microschool.app.
- Description of Services; Limitations; User Responsibilities
- Eligibility to Use the Site and Services
- Rules For User Conduct and Use of Services
- Background and Verification Checks
- Links to External Sites
- Payment and Refund Policy
- Release of Liability for Conduct and Disputes
- Age Restrictions
- Disclaimers; Limitations; Waivers; and Indemnification
- Copyright Notices/Complaints
- Agreement to Arbitrate
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Consent to Electronic Communication
- Contact Information
- Description of Services; Limitations; User Responsibilities
- 1.1 About Our Services
Microschool.app offers various Services to help its users find, coordinate, and maintain quality education. The Services we offer include, among others:
- We enable individuals seeking educational services (such as individual or shared education, tutoring services) and corporate teaching providers seeking to hire individual providers (such as child centers, in-home education agencies, and other living facilities) (each “Education Seekers”) to post jobs on the Site, and we enable individuals and entities who provide educational services to post profiles on the Site and apply to jobs (“Education Providers”).
▪We provide search functionality on the Site to allow Education Seekers and individual Education Providers to narrow the pool of Education Seekers or Education Providers they are interested in meeting based on their needs and preferences, and we provide a communications platform that allows Education Seekers and Education Providers to communicate without sharing contact information on
- We provide tools and information to help Education Seekers and Education Providers make more informed decisions
- We provide functionality on the Site to allow Education Seekers to search for and message other Education Seekers in their geographic area to help Education Seekers to facilitate shared child educational services.
- We provide a directory of entity Education Providers such as child education centers, family education centers, tutoring centers, and in-home education agencies from which users may contact or request information.
- The Site enables Registered Users to communicate and share information with other Registered Users who share a common interest, locality, or bond.
- We offer through Stripe, Inc., (“Stripe”), a third party, a service that facilitates the payment of Education Providers by Education Seekers via credit card or debit card. These payment processing services are provided by Stripe and are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the “Stripe Services Agreement”). By agreeing to these Terms, Education Providers that use the payment service also agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of Microschool.app enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide Microschool.app accurate and complete information about you, and you authorize Microschool.app to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe. Microschool.app assumes no liability or responsibility for any payments you may make through this service, and all such payments are non-refundable. Education Providers who elect to receive payments from Education Seekers
through this service can also qualify for certain benefits under a program operated by Microschool.app.
- Our Services continue to grow and change. Please refer to our Site for further information about the Services we provide.
- 1.2. Limitations of our Services
We offer a variety of Services to help our users find, coordinate, and maintain education for their families. However, we do not employ any Education Providers. Further, we do not have control over the quality, timing, or legality of the services actually delivered by Education Providers, or of the integrity, responsibility or actions of Education Seekers or Education Providers and we neither refer or recommend Education Seekers or Education Providers nor make any representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, or accuracy of the services provided by Education Providers or the integrity, responsibility or actions of Education Seekers or Education Providers whether in public, private or offline interactions.
Neither Microschool.app nor our respective employees are making a referral to, or endorsing, any individual, company or agency nor are we or Microschool.app providing any medical, diagnostic, treatment or clinical service or engaging in any conduct that requires a professional license.
Education Seeker and Education Provider content is primarily user generated, and we do not control or vet user generated content for accuracy. Microschool.app does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by Education Providers or Education Seekers on or off this Site. We may offer certain Registered Users the opportunity to verify certain information such as their email address or cell phone number. If we indicate that a Registered User has verified certain information, it means that the user has complied with the process we have established for verifying such information. However, we do not guarantee, nor do we represent or warrant as to, the accuracy of such information.
With the exception of Backup Education Providers employed by Microschool.app, Microschool.app is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any Education Seeker, Education Provider, or other user of the Site or Services. Moreover, Microschool.app does not assume and expressly disclaims any liability that may result from the use of information provided on our Site. All users, including both Education Seekers and Education Providers, hereby expressly agree not to hold Microschool.app (or Microschool.app’s officers, directors, shareholders, employees, subsidiaries, other affiliates, successors, assignees, agents, representatives, advertisers, marketing partners, licensors, independent contractors, recruiters, or corporate partners or resellers.
- 1.3. User Responsibilities
Any screening of a Education Seeker or Education Provider and his, her or its information by Microschool.app is limited and should not be taken as complete, accurate, up-to-date or conclusive of the individual’s or entity’s suitability as an employer or education provider. Registered Users are solely responsible for interviewing, performing background and reference checks on, verifying information provided by, and selecting an appropriate Education Seeker or Education Provider for themselves or their family. The only exception is when a third party we or Microschool.app contracts with to provide services in support of the Backup Education Service selects on behalf of the Registered User the specific individual Backup Education Provider from the agency who will provide backup or other educational services. In that limited circumstance only, the agency (as opposed to the Registered User) is responsible for screening the Backup Education Provider it selects on behalf of the Registered User.
Please visit our Safety Center at www.Microschool.app/safety-center-p1273.html for recommendations on how to make more informed hiring and employment decisions, as well as for tips if you are a Education Seeker looking to find another Education Seeker with whom to share child educational services in your area. Each Education Seeker is responsible for complying with all applicable employment and other laws in connection with any employment relationship they establish, including verifying the age of the Education Provider they select as well as that Education Provider’s eligibility to work in the US. If you are a Parent Registered User (as defined in Section 3.3 below), you also agree to assume the responsibilities set forth in Section 3.3 (Teen Providers, Parent Registered Users, and Parent Monitored Accounts).
2. Eligibility to Use the Site and Services
By requesting to use, registering to use and/or using the Site or the Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into these Terms and you commit to abide by all of the terms and conditions hereof. You also represent and warrant that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- ◦ Our Services are available only to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. If you do not meet this age requirement, do not register to use the Site or Services.
•◦ The Site and the Services are currently available only to individuals who are legally in the United States or the territory of Puerto Rico. If you reside outside the United States or Puerto Rico, visit our Site homepage for a listing of other countries where Microschool.app subsidiaries or affiliates offer similar services.
- ◦ If you are registering to be a Education Provider, you must be permitted to legally work within the United States or Puerto Rico.
- ◦ Neither you nor any member of your household may have ever been (i) the subject of a complaint, restraining order or any other legal action involving, arrested for, charged with, or convicted of any felony, any criminal offense involving violence, abuse, neglect, fraud or larceny, or any offense that involves endangering the safety of others, dishonesty, negligence or drugs, or (ii) registered, or currently required to register, as a sex offender with any government entity.
- ◦ You must not be a competitor of Microschool.app or using our Services for reasons that are in competition with Microschool.app.
- ◦ If you are an individual Education Seeker you must not have had fifteen or more employees for each working day in each of twenty or more calendar weeks in the current or preceding calendar year (or five or more if you are seeking services in the State of California).
- ◦ If you provide child educational services in the State of Kansas, you must not be a licensed day education provider or provide your services outside the child’s home.
- Rules for User Conduct and Use of Services
- 3.1. Registration, Posting, and Content Restrictions
- 3.1. Registration, Posting, and Content Restrictions
The following rules pertain to “Content”, defined as any communications, images, sounds, videos, and all the material, data, and information that you upload or transmit through the Site or Services, or that other users upload or transmit, including without limitation any content, messages, photos, audios, videos, reviews or profiles that you publish or display (hereinafter, “post”). By posting any Content while using our Service, you agree, represent and warrant as follows:
- You are responsible for providing accurate, current and complete information in connection with your registration for use of the Site and the Services.
- You will register your account in your own legal name, even if you are seeking education for another individual or family member.
▪Unless otherwise permitted by Microschool.app, all Content you post will be in English as the Site and Services generally are not supported in any other languages.
- You are solely responsible for any Content that you post on the Site, or transmit to other users of the Site. You will not post on the Site, or transmit to other users, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, defamatory, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity), or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse, or give the impression that any Content emanates from Microschool.app where this is not the case. You will not provide inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or false information to Microschool.app or to any other user of the Site, and all opinions stated as part of Content must be genuinely held. Without limiting the foregoing, you represent and warrant to us that you have the right and authority to post all information you post about yourself or others, including without limitation that you have authorization from a parent or guardian of any minor who is the subject of any Content you post to post such Content.
- You understand and agree that Microschool.app may, in its sole discretion, review, edit, and delete any Content, in each case in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of Microschool.app violates these Terms or which Microschool.app determines in its sole discretion might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users of the Site or others.
- You have the right, and hereby grant, to Microschool.app, its Affiliates, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perotherual, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, transferable, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute your Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You further represent and warrant that public posting and use of your Content by Microschool.app will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
▪Your use of the Services, including but not limited to the Content you post on the Site, must be in accordance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Microschool.app is not responsible for any claims relating to any inaccurate, untimely or incomplete information provided by users of the Site.
- We welcome your feedback and questions about the Site and Services. However, you agree that any comments, ideas, messages, questions, suggestions, or other communications you send to us or share with us through any channel (including, without limitation, the Site, email, telephone, surveys, and our social media accounts) shall be and remain the exclusive property of Microschool.app and we may use all such communications, all without notice to, consent from, or compensation to you.
- Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available on the Site or through the Site, but not directly by Microschool.app, are those of their respective authors. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Microschool.app does not: (i) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site or available through the Service, or (ii) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party that appears on the Site or through the Service. Under no circumstances will Microschool.app or its Affiliates be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from: (a) your reliance on information or other content posted on the Site or transmitted to or by any user of the Site or Service; or (b) reviews or comments made about you on the Site by other users.
You agree that Microschool.app has no obligation to remove any reviews or other information posted on the Site about you or any other person or entity. If you disagree with a review, you may post one rebuttal to the review, provided your rebuttal complies with these Terms. You may not terminate your registration and re-register in order to prevent a review from being associated with your account. The author of a review can always remove or request removal of a review they have written.
Microschool.app disclaims any liability whatsoever for any misstatements and/or misrepresentations made by any users of the Site. Users hereby represent, understand and agree to hold Microschool.app harmless for any misstatements and/or misrepresentations made by or on behalf of them on this Site or in any other venue.
•3.2. Exclusive Use
If you are a Education Seeker, you may use your account only to find education for yourself, your parents, your children, your grandchildren, individuals for whom you are otherwise the legal guardian or another Education Seeker with whom you are entering a shared child education arrangement. If you are a Education Provider, you may use your account only to find education jobs for yourself. You are responsible for all activity on and use of your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity.
- 3.3. Prohibited Uses
By using the Site or Services of Microschool.app, you agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- use the Site, Services, or any information contained therein in any way that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- use the Site or Services for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose, for any purpose not expressly intended by Microschool.app or for the promotion of illegal activities;
▪ harass, abuse or harm another person or group, or attempt to do so;
- use another user’s Microschool.app account;
- provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account on Microschool.app, using the Services or communicating with other Registered Users;
- attempt to re-register with Microschool.app if we have terminated your account for any or no reason or terminate your registration and re-register in order to prevent a review from being associated with your account;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of Microschool.app’s Services;
- make any automated use of the system, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data (whether manually or through automated means);
▪ use the communication systems provided by or contacts made on Microschool.app for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
- In order to protect our users from prohibited activity, we reserve the right to take appropriate actions, including but not limited to restricting the amount of phone numbers a Education Seeker may view or the amount of emails a user may send in any 24-hour period to an amount which we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
Should Microschool.app find that you violated the terms of this Section or any terms stated herein, Microschool.app reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to immediately terminate your use of the Site and Services. By using the Site and/or Services, you agree that Microschool.app may assess, and you will be obligated to pay, $10,000 per each day that you: (i) maintain Education Provider or Education Seeker information (including but not limited to, names, addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses) or copyrighted material that you scraped (either directly or indirectly in a manual or automatic manner) from the Site, or (ii) otherwise mis-use or mis-appropriate Site Content, including but not limited to, use on a “mirrored”, comotheritive, or third party site. This obligation shall be in addition to any other rights Microschool.app may have under these Terms or applicable law.
Further, in order to protect the integrity of the Site and the Services, Microschool.app reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block users from certain IP addresses from accessing the Site.
- Background and Verification Checks
- 4.1 Education Providers Can Order or Authorize Background Checks about Themselves and Can Authorize the Sharing of Them with Other Members
Microschool.app offers to individuals who have registered as Education Providers and Education Seekers the following background check services from third-party consumer reporting agencies: Criminal Record Checks, Motor Vehicle Records (“MVR”) Checks, Criminal + MVR Records Checks and Investigative Criminal Plus background checks (collectively “Background Checks”). Criminal Records Checks may be ordered by Education Providers about themselves or by Education Seekers, subject to the authorization of the Education Provider who is the subject of the check. MVR Checks only may be ordered by Education Providers about themselves. Criminal + MVR Records Checks only may be ordered by Education Seekers, subject to the authorization of the Education Provider who is the subject of the check. Investigative Criminal Plus background checks may only be ordered by Education Seekers subject to the written authorization of the Education Provider who is the subject of the check. All background checks require payment of a separate fee by the Member who is initiating the background check request and are subject to the consent of the Education Provider on whom the check is being performed.
- 4.1 Education Providers Can Order or Authorize Background Checks about Themselves and Can Authorize the Sharing of Them with Other Members
Each of these Background Checks is regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), and the background reports resulting from these services are considered “consumer reports” under FCRA. Consumer reports may contain information on your character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living, including but not limited to consumer credit, criminal history, workers’ compensation, driving, employment, military, civil, and educational data and reports. Microschool.app will receive a copy of each Background Check you order or authorize through Microschool.app. See Section 4.4 below for information regarding Microschool.app’s use of these Background Checks. You are responsible for making sure that the email address you provide to Microschool.app is correct, knowing that sensitive information will be sent to it.
If you authorize a Criminal Records Check or Criminal + MVR Records Check in response to a request by a Education Seeker who is considering hiring you, we will provide both you and the Education Seeker who ordered the check the ability to retrieve the report from the consumer reporting agency that performed the check. If a Education Seeker orders an Investigative Criminal Plus background check pursuant to your written authorization, the consumer reporting agency that performed the check will provide it directly to you and to the Education Seeker who ordered it based on your written authorization. The results of any check ordered pursuant to your written authorization will be shared directly with requesting Education Seeker regardless of its contents.
If you are a Education Provider and you have ordered a Background Check from a third-party consumer reporting agency through Microschool.app, we may indicate in your profile that you have completed that check. However, we will not share the results with any other site visitor or Registered User without your specific authorization.
- 4.2. Background Check Offerings Available to Individuals Who May Not Have Registered As Education Providers or Education Seekers Through certain pages of the Site, we may from time to time offer to individuals who may or may not be registered as Education Seekers the opportunity to purchase Investigative Criminal or Investigative Criminal Plus background checks on education givers who are not necessarily registered on Microschool.app. These background checks are performed by a third-party consumer reporting agency and are subject to the terms of Section 4.1 pertaining to Investigative Criminal Plus checks generally, and to Sections 4.3 and 4.7 except that (i) references to Education Seekers shall refer to individuals who order the checks regardless of whether they are registered as Education Seekers, (ii) references to Education Providers shall refer to individuals who authorize the check to be performed on themselves regardless of whether they are registered as Education Providers, and (iii) Microschool.app does not view the results of these checks regardless of whether the education giver on whom the check is performed is registered as a Education Provider.
- 4.3. Special Responsibilities of Users of Background Check under FCRA The use of any background check reports obtained through the Site is governed by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) and certain state laws. If you order or request access to background check on a Education Seeker, you are considered an end user of the check, and must agree to a required End User Certification before the check will be processed. This End User Certification requires you to certify that you will comply with the FCRA and any applicable state laws, and summarizes key legal obligations. A summary of your responsibilities in using the information contained the background check can be found http://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/ business-center/guidance/using-consumer-reports-what-employers-need-know. If there is negative data in a check you receive, and you choose to take “adverse action” (i.e. if you choose to pass on that individual’s candidacy) on the basis of this negative data, you must agree to take certain procedural steps, which can be found at http://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/using-consumer-reports-what-employers-need-know. These include notifying the individual who is the subject of the report of your decision to take adverse action based on information contained in the report and the subject’s right to contest the accuracy or completeness of the report. If you have ordered a Criminal Records Check or a Criminal+ MVR Records Check, Microschool.app will provide a mechanism for you to request that the consumer reporting agency who performed the check complete these steps on your behalf. If the subject contests the report with the consumer reporting agency, you are required to suspend the hiring process while the agency researches the accuracy and completeness of the report.
- 4.4 Microschool.app May Review and Use Background Checks You Order or Authorize About Yourself
By registering for and using the Site or Services as an individual Education Provider, and subject to your authorization, you acknowledge and agree that Microschool.app may review and use any Background Checks you have ordered or authorized about yourself for the purpose of protecting the safety and integrity of our Site and its users, which may, in the case of certain Education Providers, be considered an employment purpose pursuant to the FCRA. Microschool.app reserves the right to terminate your membership based on the information contained in such report, even if such information was subsequently dismissed.
If Microschool.app terminates your membership or access to the Site on the basis of information in a Background Check, we will notify you and provide you the name and contact information of the consumer reporting agency that created the report. We will also provide you a copy of the report unless the consumer reporting agency has already provided you a copy or access to it. You hereby represent, understand and expressly agree that Microschool.app does not have control over or assume any responsibility for the quality, accuracy, or reliability of the information included in these Background Checks. Furthermore, any inaccuracies in the report must be addressed with the consumer reporting agency that issued it and not Microschool.app.
- 4.5 Microschool.app May Order and Use Background Screenings About You By registering for and using the Site or Services as a Education Seeker or Education Provider, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Microschool.app has the right, but not the obligation, to use a third-party consumer reporting agency on an ongoing basis to use your personal information to run periodic background screenings on you for the purpose of protecting the safety and integrity of our Site and its users (“Preliminary Membership Screens”), which may, in the case of certain Education Providers, be deemed to be an employment purpose under the FCRA. Subject to certain additional disclosures and authorizations, if applicable to you as a Education Provider, Microschool.app may order these screenings when you register with Microschool.app and thereafter in connection with your continued use of our Services and/or interaction with our Site (such as by contacting or communicating with other members, posting or updating a job or profile, ordering or authorizing a Background Check, etc.).
These Internal Background Checks are also regulated by FCRA, and the background reports resulting from these services are considered “consumer reports” under FCRA. You understand and agree that Microschool.app may review the information provided by the third-party consumer reporting agency and that Microschool.app retains the right to terminate your Microschool.app registration based on the information it receives from these checks, even if such information was subsequently changed or corrected. If Microschool.app terminates your membership or access to the Site on the basis of information in a background report, we will notify you and provide you the name and contact information of the consumer reporting agency that created the report. We will also provide you a copy of the report unless the consumer reporting agency has already provided you a copy or access to it. You hereby represent, understand and expressly agree that Microschool.app does not have control over or assume any responsibility for the quality, accuracy, or reliability of the information included in these checks. Furthermore, any inaccuracies in the report must be addressed with the consumer reporting agency that issued it (and not Microschool.app) within the time period specified in your notice. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Microschool.app is under no obligation to reinstate any accounts it may have terminated even if the information that led to the termination is subsequently changed or corrected.
BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND USING OUR SITE, AND, IF APPLICABLE TO YOU AS A Education PROVIDER, SUBJECT TO YOUR ADDITIONAL AUTHORIZATION, YOU AGREE TO ALLOW Microschool.app TO PERFORM THESE INTERNAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THESE INTERNAL BACKGROUND CHECKS TO BE PERFORMED, YOU SHOULD NOT USE Microschool.app.
- 4.6. Microschool.app May Regularly Verify Your Identity and the Accuracy of Your Representations and Warranties
By registering as a Education Provider or Education Seeker, and, if applicable to you as a Education Provider, subject to your additional authorization, you authorize Microschool.app, and acknowledge that for purposes of promoting the safety and integrity of its Site and Service, Microschool.app reserves the right, but not the obligation, to utilize third party service providers to verify on an ongoing basis that your registration data is accurate and that the representations and warranties in Section 2 above addressing legal matters such as complaints, arrests, sex offender status, etc. are also true (“Verification Checks”). These third parties may use data from a variety of sources, under a variety of circumstances, for these site safety purposes including, without limitation, information from national criminal databases, sex offender registries, certain media streams, terrorist watch lists, criminal and fugitive watch lists, fraud watch lists, law enforcement reports, and other data. You agree that Microschool.app may take such action in response to Verification Checks as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion, including without limitation suspending and/or terminating your membership, should it determine that you have violated any representation or warranty or any other provision of these Terms or are otherwise unsuitable for Microschool.app.
You also hereby represent, understand and expressly agree that Microschool.app does not have control over or assume any responsibility for the quality, accuracy, or reliability of the information included in a Verification Check. We do not typically communicate the results of a Verification Check to any third party, though we reserve the right to do so for law enforcement or other safety-related purposes in accordance with applicable laws.
BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS, AND, IF APPLICABLE TO YOU AS A Education PROVIDER SUBJECT TO YOUR ADDITIONAL AUTHORIZATION, YOU AGREE TO ALLOW Microschool.app TO PERFORM THE VERIFICATION CHECKS DESCRIBED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THESE VERIFICATION CHECKS TO BE PERFORMED, YOU SHOULD NOT USE Microschool.app.
- 4.7 Important Limitations About Background Checks; Release of Liability for Results of Background Checks, Internal Background Checks, and Verification Checks SPECIAL NOTICE FOR MASSACHUSETTS AND NEW HAMPSHIRE: Criminal County Searches conducted in Massachusetts and New Hampshire as part of the Criminal Records Check and the Criminal+MVR Records Check (for individuals who are believed to have lived in one or both of these states during the seven years preceding the background check request) search only the Superior Court and a single District Court in the county seat or its equivalent for each county listed below. Criminal records (including misdemeanors and felonies) from other courts in these states will not be searched.
This is an illustrative, non-comprehensive, list of certain state and county limitations of the background checks offered through Microschool.app; additional limitations may apply in certain jurisdictions, including on the federal level. For example, for many states only certain registered sex offender information is reported, and for many states, only a subset of felony convictions are reported (and not any misdemeanors, charges or arrest records).
In addition to legal and reporting system limitations of background checks, each check is performed with the authorization of the person being checked, using information he or she provides, such as home address, social security number, date of birth, and name. If a candidate provides incorrect information, the check might be run with inaccurate identifying data, which can impact the validity of the criminal check. Finally, criminal records are not always reported accurately or promptly, and human and electronic error can result in inaccurate or incomplete reporting. Consequently, even the most comprehensive background check offered may not disclose the existence of all criminal records in all jurisdictions.
If you decide to access, use, or share information provided by a Background Check, you agree to do so in accordance with applicable law. You also agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Microschool.app from any loss, liability, injury, death, damage, or costs that may result from your use of, reliance on, or sharing of the information contained in a Background Check regardless of the cause, including, without limitation, due to the inaccuracy or incompleteness of any such information.
You expressly acknowledge that Microschool.app has no obligation to perform Background Checks, Internal Background Checks, or Verification Checks on any Registered Users. To the extent Microschool.app performs such checks on certain Registered Users, the checks are limited and should not be taken as complete, accurate, up-to-date or conclusive evidence of the accuracy of any information those users have provided or of their eligibility to use the Services.
Microschool.app reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately terminate your access to all or part of the Microschool.app Site and/or Services, to remove your profile and/or any content posted by or about you from the Site, and/or to terminate your account with Microschool.app, with or without notice for any reason or no reason in its sole discretion, including without limitation if Microschool.app should determine that you are not eligible to use the Services, have violated any terms stated herein or in any of the Additional Terms, are not suitable for participation as a Registered User, have mis-used or mis-appropriated Site content, including but not limited to use on a “mirrored,” competitive, or third-party site. Upon termination, Microschool.app shall be under no obligation to provide you with a copy of any content posted by or about you on the Site. If we terminate your registration, we have no obligation to notify you of the reason, if any, for your termination.
Following any termination of any individual’s use of the Site or the Services, Microschool.app reserves the right to send a notice thereof to other Registered Users with whom we believe the individual has corresponded. Our decision to terminate an individual’s registration and/or to notify other Registered Users with whom we believe the individual has corresponded does not constitute, and should not be interpreted or used as information bearing on, the individual’s character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living.
7. Links To External Sites
Links from the Site to external sites (including external sites that are framed by Microschool.app) or inclusion of advertisements and other third-party content do not constitute an endorsement by Microschool.app of such sites or the content, products, advertising and other materials presented on such sites or of the products and services that are the subject of such third-party content, but are for users’ reference and convenience.
Users access them at their own risk. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the content and usefulness of the information obtained from other sites. Microschool.app does not control such sites, and is not responsible for their content.
8. Payment And Refund Policy
In order to utilize some Microschool.app Services or product offerings, the user of such Services or product offerings must pay Microschool.app either a recurring subscription, one-time, or other fees. In addition, the user is responsible for any state or local sales taxes associated with the Services or product offerings purchased. Notwithstanding the foregoing, for certain Education Seekers who enroll in Microschool.app and receive access to a paid membership subscription through their employer’s benefits program, the related subscription fee is paid by their employer, and the Education Seeker has no obligation to pay the automatically renewing subscription fee associated with such subscription so long as the subscription remains part of the employer’s benefits program.
- 8.1 Billing and Payment
If you sign up for a Microschool.app paid membership subscription, you agree to pay Microschool.app all subscription charges associated with the plan you subscribe to as described on the Site at the time you subscribe and provide your payment information. You also authorize Microschool.app, or a third-party payment processor that works on our behalf, to charge your chosen payment method according to the terms of the plan to which you subscribe. The subscription period and the amount and frequency of the charges will vary depending on the subscription plan you select. Microschool.app reserves the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
To the extent you elect to purchase other Services or product offerings we may offer for a fee, you authorize Microschool.app to charge your chosen payment provider for the Services and/or products you purchase. You agree that if Microschool.app already has your credit card on file as a result of prior purchases you have made, we may charge that credit card for the additional Services/products you purchase.
•8.2 Automatic Subscription Renewal and Cancellation
Microschool.app PAID MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTIONS WILL CONTINUE INDEFINITELY UNTIL CANCELLED BY THE USER. AFTER YOUR INITIAL SUBSCRIPTION COMMITMENT PERIOD, AND AGAIN AFTER ANY SUBSEQUENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW FOR AN ADDITIONAL EQUIVALENT PERIOD AS THE SUBSCRIPTION TERM YOU ORIGINALLY SELECTED AND AT THE SUBSCRIPTION RATE AND FREQUENCY DISCLOSED TO YOU ON THE SITE WHEN YOU ORIGINALLY SUBSCRIBED, UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED AT THE TIME YOU SUBSCRIBED. IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A PAYMENT PLAN THAT ALLOWS YOU TO BE CHARGED MONTHLY OVER THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD AND YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION DURING THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO BE BILLED FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION ON A MONTHLY BASIS UNTIL ITS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED EXPIRATION DATE.
You may cancel your paid membership subscription at any time by following the instructions on your account settings page or contacting Microschool.app’s customer service department at email@example.com. If you cancel your subscription, you typically will be permitted to use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term. Your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires, but your payment method will be charged, and you will be required to pay, any cancellation or other fees associated with your early termination and disclosed to you at the time you signed up for the subscription plan.
- 8.3 Free Trial Offers
Microschool.app may offer limited-time free trial subscriptions to certain users from time-to-time. Users who sign up for a Microschool.app Service on a free trial basis may have limited access to the Service and/or features of the Site. If a user signs up for a free trial subscription, unless he or she cancels before the expiration of the free trial period, the user will be charged the price then in effect for a subscription to the Service, unless otherwise informed by Microschool.app at the time of original subscription. If a user does not want to continue with the Service after the expiration of the free trial period, the Education Seeker or Education Provider must downgrade or cancel their subscription, and request a refund of the subscription fee within thirty (30) days of being charged the subscription fee for the Service. Upon cancellation, the Education Seeker or Education Provider’s credit card will be refunded for the amount of the most recent subscription charge so long as he or she has not used the subscription after the expiration of the free trial period.
• 8.4 Refund Policy
Except as set forth in these Terms or as described on the Site at the time you make a purchase, all payments for services/products are non-refundable and there are no refunds or credits for unused or partially used services/ products or service/product cancellations. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid membership subscription that is automatically renewed, we will refund the most recent charge to your credit card if: (i) you have not used your subscription during the current subscription renewal period and (ii) you downgrade or cancel your membership and request a refund of the most recent charge to your credit card within thirty (30) days of the most recent charge. Any such refunds will apply only to the most recent charge, regardless of how such refund request is made, for example, whether to Microschool.app or to your credit card company. Additionally, if you are a Education Seeker and you post a bona fide job during your initial paid membership subscription period, we will refund your initial paid membership subscription charge if: (a) you do not receive any responses to your first job posting within three (3) days of posting and (b) you contact us within thirty (30) days of your initial subscription charge to downgrade or cancel your membership and have not continued to use your account within that period. In addition, Microschool.app reserves the right to immediately downgrade or cancel your membership after payment of your refund. Microschool.app does not provide refunds or credits under any other circumstances, unless it determines in its sole discretion that a refund or credit is warranted due to extenuating circumstances, such as a duplicate account.
9. Release of Liability for Conduct and Disputes Microschool.app is not an employer of Education Providers. Education Seekers may seek the services of a Education Provider through the use of the Site or Services, and Education Providers may post profiles and submit proposals to Education Seekers regarding their services. By using this Site or our Services, you hereby represent, understand, and expressly agree to hold Microschool.app harmless for any claim or controversy that may arise out of the actions of or relationship between you and any Education Seeker,
Education Provider or other user(s) of the Site that are not Backup Education Providers employed by our subsidiary, Microschool.app. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with Education Seekers, Education Providers or other users of the Site or the Services, particularly if you decide to meet offline. By using the Site or the Services, you agree to report any alleged improprieties of any users therein to Microschool.app immediately by notifying Microschool.app of the same via electronic correspondence.
- Age Restrictions
Microschool.app is intended for people 18 or over. Microschool.app will not knowingly collect any information from individuals under 13. Should we determine that you do not meet the age requirements for using our Site or Services, your registration will be terminated immediately.
- Disclaimers; Limitations; Waivers; Indemnification
- 11.1. No Warranty
The information and materials contained on the Site, including text, graphics, information, links or other items are provided “as is,” “as available.” Further, opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by Microschool.app, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. MICROSCHOOL.APP DOES NOT:
- WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS INFORMATION AND MATERIALS; (2) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN MICROSCHOOL.APP; (3) WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, FREE FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (4) GIVE ANY WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSCHOOL.APP EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND OTHER TERMS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR THE LAW OF EQUITY AND DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS INFORMATION AND MATERIALS.
IN ADDITION, AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MICROSCHOOL.APP MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REGARDING THE SUITABILITY OF ANY USER OF OUR SITE TO PROVIDE SERVICES AS A Education PROVIDER OR TO EMPLOY THE SERVICES OF A Education PROVIDER. WITH RESPECT TO CORPORATE Education SEEKERS, THE INFORMATION AND MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED FOR YOUR INTERNAL USE ONLY AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR REDISTRIBUTED FOR ANY REASON. THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE INFORMATION IS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF THE CORPORATE Education SEEKER, MICROSCHOOL.APP OR ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS. IN NO EVENT WILL MICROSCHOOL.APP OR ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY WITH REGARD TO SUCH INFORMATION. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION MUST IN ALL CASES COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- 11.2. Assumption of Risk
You assume all risk when using the Site and the Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with users of the Site or the Services.
You agree to take all necessary precautions, when interacting with other site visitors or Registered Users.
- 11.3. Limitation of Liability
Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. In no event will Microschool.app be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to the use or inability to use the Site or Services, including without limitation damages related to any information received from the Site or Services, removal of content from the Site, including profile information, any email distributed to any user or any linked web site or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any termination of your subscription or ability to access the Site or Services, failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if Microschool.app, or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MICROSCHOOL.APP’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY
YOU FOR YOUR ACCOUNT, OR, IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID MICROSCHOOL.APP FOR THE USE OF ANY SERVICES, THE AMOUNT OF $25.00.
No Liability for non-Microschool.app Actions. IN NO EVENT WILL MICROSCHOOL.APP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR ANY AGREEMENT OR RELATIONSHIP FORMED USING THE SITE OR SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANYONE’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES OR WHO ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD OR HARM YOU.
In addition to the preceding paragraphs of this section and other provisions of these Terms, any advice that may be posted on the Site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, or other advice. Microschool.app makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Site. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
- 11.4. Indemnification
- Copyright Notices/Complaints
It is Microschool.app’s policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). If you believe any materials accessible on or from our Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from the Site by contacting Microschool.app’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- 1 Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
•2 Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- 3 Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- 4 A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- 5 A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- 6 A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
- Microschool.app’s agent for copyright issues relating to this Site is as follows:
INFO@MICROSCHOOL.APP In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, Microschool.app maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of Members and other users of this Site who are repeat infringers.
- Agreement to Arbitrate
- 13.1 Agreement to Arbitrate
This Section 13 is referred to in these Terms as the “Arbitration Agreement”. Unless you opt-out in accordance with the opt-out procedures set forth in Section 13.8 below, you agree that all claims relating to or arising out of these Terms or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise that have arisen or may arise between you and Microschool.app or a Microschool.app Affiliate, whether relating to these Terms (including any alleged breach thereof), the Services, the Site, or otherwise, shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
- 13.2 Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief
YOU AND MICROSCHOOL.APP AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION, ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND MICROSCHOOL.APP EXPRESSLY AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AGAINST MICROSCHOOL.APP AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER MICROSCHOOL.APP USERS. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provision set forth above shall be deemed null and void in its entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
- 13.3 Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution
Microschool.app is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently. So before you commence arbitration, we suggest that you contact us to explain your complaint, as we may be able to resolve it without the need for arbitration. You may contact us via email at INFO@MICROSCHOOL.APP
- 13.4 Arbitration Procedures
If we cannot resolve a Claim informally, any Claim either of us asserts will be resolved only by binding arbitration and not in courts of general jurisdiction. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS that are in effect at the time the arbitration is initiated (collectively referred to as the “JAMS Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement, and excluding the JAMS Class Action Procedures. For information on JAMS, please visit its website, https:// www.jamsadr.com/. Information about JAMS’s Rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the JAMS consumer arbitration page, https://www.jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration/. If there is any inconsistency between the JAMS Rules and this Arbitration Agreement, the terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Terms as a court would, including without limitation, the limitation of liability provisions in Section 11. Although arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings, the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under the Terms and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
To commence an arbitration against Microschool.app, you must write a demand for arbitration that includes a description of the dispute and the amount of damages sought to be recovered. You can find a copy of a Demand for Arbitration at www.jamsadr.com. You should send three copies of the Demand, plus the appropriate filing fee, to JAMS at 500 North State College Blvd., Suite 600, Orange, CA 92868, and send one copy to INFO@MICROSCHOOL.APP For more information, see the JAMS arbitration rules and forms, https://www.jamsadr.com/rules-download/. You may represent yourself in the arbitration or be represented by an attorney or another representative. Once we receive your arbitration claim, we may assert any counterclaims we may have against you.
The arbitration shall be held in the county in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less you or Microschool.app may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on you and Microschool.app subject to the arbitrator’s discretion to require an in-person hearing, if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at any in-person hearing may be made by telephone by you and/or Microschool.app, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all claims relating to or arising out of this contract, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise and all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Terms, including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of these Terms are void or voidable, or whether a claim is subject to arbitration. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator’s award shall be written, and binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of California, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Microschool.app users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same Microschool.app user to the extent required by applicable law.
- 13.5 Costs of Arbitration
Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees”) will be governed by the JAMS Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Agreement to Arbitrate. If you demonstrate to the arbitrator that you are economically unable to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees or if the arbitrator otherwise determines for any reason that you should not be required to pay your portion of the Arbitration Fees, Microschool.app will pay your portion of such fees. In addition, if you demonstrate to the arbitrator that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Microschool.app will pay as much of the Arbitration Fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. Each party will be responsible for all other fees it incurs in connection with the arbitration, including without limitation, all attorney fees. In the event the arbitrator determines the claim(s) you assert in the arbitration to be frivolous, you agree to reimburse Microschool.app for all fees associated with the arbitration paid by Microschool.app on your behalf that you otherwise would be obligated to pay under the JAMS rules.
- 13.6 Confidentiality
All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
- 13.8 Opt-Out Procedure
You can choose to reject this Arbitration Agreement by mailing us a written opt-out notice (“Opt-Out Notice”) in accordance with the terms of this Section. For new Microschool.app users, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than 30 Days after the date you use our Site or Services for the first time. If you are already a current Microschool.app user and previously accepted the Microschool.app Terms prior to the introduction of this Arbitration Agreement, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than January 20, 2020 You must mail the Opt-Out Notice to firstname.lastname@example.org The Opt-Out Notice must state that you do not agree to the Arbitration Agreement and must include your name, address, phone number, and the email address(es) used to log in to the Microschool.app account(s) to which the opt-out applies. You must sign the Opt-Out Notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt out of the Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of the Arbitration Agreement, Microschool.app will likewise not be bound by these arbitration provisions. All other terms of these Terms will continue to apply. Opting out of the Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with us. Microschool.app users who accepted a previous version of these Terms that included an arbitration agreement, and who did not timely opt out of that arbitration agreement, remain bound by the last arbitration agreement that they accepted. Upon receipt of a valid Opt-Out Notice, Microschool.app will provide the opting out user with a copy of the arbitration agreement from the last version of the Terms that the user accepted, if any exists.
- 13.9 Future Changes to this Arbitration Agreement
Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, you and we agree that if we make any change to this Arbitration Agreement (other than a change to any notice address or website link provided herein) in the future, such change shall not be effective until at least 60 days from the date of posting, and shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against Microschool.app prior to the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this Arbitration Agreement from these Terms, such termination shall not be effective until 30 days after the version of these Terms not containing the Arbitration Agreement is posted to the Site, and shall not be effective as to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against Microschool.app prior to the effective date of removal.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms, and all claims relating to or arising out of this contract, or the breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise, shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, including California’s statutes of limitations governing your claim, without giving effect to its principles of conflicts of law, provided that the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of Section 13, the Arbitration Agreement.
Unless you and we agree otherwise, in the event that the Arbitration Agreement is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute (except for small-claims court actions), either as a result of your decision to opt-out of the Arbitration Agreement or as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, you agree that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and Microschool.app must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in the State of California. You and Microschool.app agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
- Consent to Electronic Communication
By using the Site or Services of Microschool.app, you agree to allow Microschool.app to communicate with you electronically, and you consent to electronic delivery of notices, documents, or products (including, without limitation, reports or copies of Background Checks and Preliminary Membership Screens) from Microschool.app via the Microschool.app Site, mobile application, online messaging platform, or e-mail. You also agree to check your Microschool.app account, alerts, and messages, and the e-mail account reflected on your Microschool.app on a reasonably regular basis to stay apprised of important notices and information about your account.
Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as making either party the partner, joint venturer, agent, legal representative, employer, contractor or employee of the other. Neither party shall have, or hold itself out to any third party as having any authority to make any statements, representations or commitments of any kind, or to take any action, that shall be binding on the other, except as provided for herein or authorized in writing by the party to be bound. The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any term or provision of these Terms shall in no way effect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other term or provision of these Terms. Each Affiliate (as defined in Section 1.2) is expressly made a third party beneficiary of this Agreement and may enforce this Agreement directly against you. This Agreement will be binding on and will inure to the benefit of the legal representatives, successors and assigns of the parties hereto.
If a court decides that any term or provision of these Terms other than Section 13.2 is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and these Terms shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court decides that any of the provisions of Section 13.2 are invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of Section 13 shall be null and void. The remainder of the Terms will continue to apply.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions or need further information as to the Site or Services provided by Microschool.app, or need to notify Microschool.app as to any matters relating to the Site or Services please contact Microschool.app at: