• Privacy Information for California Residents If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Categories of personal information we collect. Throughout this Policy, we discuss in detail the specific pieces of personal information we collect from and about our users. Under the CCPA, we are also required to provide you with the “categories” of personal information we collect as defined by California law. The categories we collect depending on the types of services you use are:
- identifiers (such as name, address, email address);
- commercial information (such as transaction data);
- financial data (such as payment method details and billing address);
- internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or usage information);
- geolocation information (e.g., your approximate location based on IP address, or precise location with your consent);
- inference data about you (e.g., the additional services or advertising we think would be of most
interest to you based on your interactions with us);
- professional or employment-related data (e.g., if you are a Education Provider, your references and employment history);
- education information (e.g., if you are a Education Provider, your level of education);
- legally protected classifications (such as gender or information obtained from a background check, where applicable);
- physical characteristics or description (e.g., photos you choose to upload to your job postings or profile);
- sensory or visual information (e.g. if you provide us this information in connection with senior education planning or child education)
- medical information (e.g. if you provide us this information in connection with senior education planning or child education); and
- other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you (e.g., registration and log-in information).
- Please note that specific pieces of your personal information may belong to more than one of the above referenced categories.
How we source, use, and share these categories of personal
information. We source, use, and share with third parties the categories of personal information we
collect from and about you consistent with the various business and operational purposes we discuss throughout this Policy and for the business and operational purposes of our service providers in accordance with the CCPA. See the “Information We Collect And their Sources”, “Purposes For Which We Use Information” and “How We Share and Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Information” section(s) above for more information.
Please note that the CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information to third parties. We do not engage in such
activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months from the effective date of this Policy.
CCPA Rights Disclosure. If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you (or an authorized agent acting on your behalf) to make certain requests related to your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information. Such information is also set forth in this Policy.
•Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Delete certain personal information we have about you.
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
- The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Services to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. In doing so, we may use one or more of the following methods: (i) using your login credentials to verify you (it being understood that we may also ask you to reauthenticate yourself), or (ii) matching two or more data points provided by you with data points maintained by us. If we are unable to verify you through the foregoing methods, we shall have the right, but not the obligation, to request additional information from you. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law or would like to exercise any of them, or if you are an authorized agent making a request on a user’s behalf, please contact us at email@example.com
Shine the Light Disclosure. The California “Shine the
Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined in the Shine the Light law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.